Sponsorship opportunities at the club
Posted by: Shabbir Mookhtiar
Maidenhead & Bray Cricket Club are one of the most prominent cricket clubs in the Berkshire area. The club has a thriving membership and has a high amount of footfall from April to September not just from playing members but also from spectators and social members. We are now looking for commercial partners to be involved in and assist with the development and renewal of our facilities. Our sponsor partners would get fantastic visibility and recognition across the town through the membership of the club. This is an ideal opportunity for established businesses looking to grow their customer base or new businesses looking to create brand awareness through this partnership with a prestigious sporting institution.
The following packages are now available:
1. £350 Bronze package gets the sponsor a name on the fixtures card, mention on our website and back link to the sponsor website. One social media post along with posts at the beginning and the end of the season thanking them for their sponsorship along with any special offers they may be running
2. £850 Silver package(minimum bid): All of the above plus Temporary banners on the side of the net and pop-up standee display on registration day, awards evening, six Friday evenings. At least one in-season social media post. Cost of banner and standee to be borne by sponsor.
3. £1350 Gold Package(minimum bid): All of the above with standee displays on 12 Friday evenings and banner under scoreboard. Social media posts every month.
4. £1850 Platinum Package(minimum bid): Logo on front of the shirt and standee opportunity for all Friday evenings through the season. No other banners included but all of the above otherwise. This would also come with a second year fee of £1250 to ensure continuity.
The Club was founded in 1789 and plays at one of the most beautiful grounds in the country. We provide cricket for everyone - with 5 League teams every Saturday, Women's league cricket, 2 Sunday sides and 200 junior cricketers of all ages from 4 upwards. While the majority of members and parents are of course based in and around Maidenhead, we have players and families from far further afield too - from West London to Oxfordshire and Hampshire. Visiting teams come from all over the Thames Valley area and through to London.
Once normality returns, the Pavilion is an extremely popular social venue, particularly during junior training and at weekends for adult matches, but also for parties, wedding celebrations and music events. As the vaccination programme continues to be successful, it is looking increasingly likely that a full cricket season will be possible and, like last summer, the club will once again be busy with families and friends taking the opportunity to socialise in the sunshine after the ending of Lockdown.
DEVELOPMENT NEEDS & COVERAGE:
The club has weathered the circumstances of 2020 well, thanks to the loyalty of the members and its popularity with the locals, but we need to invest in order to maintain and improve the playing and training facilities that we offer. In particular, we need to renew the practice nets, to buy additional sightscreens for our ground and to develop the second ground on the Jubilee field, by the construction of a small changing room and toilet block and improvement of the pitch and fencing.
Because of the nature of the beauty of the ground, there are restrictions on the club's ability to offer advertising at the ground (no advertising hoarding etc), and therefore commercial partners will enjoy a degree of exclusivity when becoming part of the club. We are looking for sponsors for:
1. The covers - your logo would be placed on the covers that protect the wicket before and after games. It would therefore be in a central location, highly visible to everyone who visits the ground
2. The nets - for sponsors able to assist with the cost of new netting for our three practice nets, a logo etc can be printed on "blinkers", the canvas material that would protect the batsman's end of each strip.
3. Shirts - at present, our club shirts at all level have no sponsorship material and there is therefore an opportunity to sponsor either the main front of the shirt or an arm-badge.
4. The Jubilee development - we need to build a small changing room and toilet facility at our second ground, the Jubilee field, in particular for the benefit of our junior and women players. We have already had offers of substantial private sponsorship for the project, but we do need more. Depending on the level of assistance we would be happy to discuss how the contribution is permanently publicly recognised.
Along with the above, we also ensure that all commercial partners have their names/logos and a link to their websites from our own website, they can place material in the annual match-card (a booklet listing all matches and details that is available to all our members) and can place leaflets and other promotional material in the very popular bar in the Pavilion. We also try to make sure that the contributions made by everyone to cricket at Bray are regularly recognised in our social media and communications with our members, to encourage people to give something back.
If this is something that you would like to discuss, please let us know and we would be delighted to meet with you - remotely at the moment, of course, but once Lockdown eases we would be delighted to welcome you to the ground. Please do call or email Tim Child (Club Chairman, email@example.com, phone 07733320555) or Shabbir Mookhtiar (Club Secretary, Phone-07413827821)
Maidenhead & Bray Cricket Club Limited Reg No. 03192424 Registered In England
Registered Address: Victoria Cottage, Grove Lane, Winkfield Row, Bracknell, RG42 6ND
Club Secretary - Shabbir Mookhtiar - Club Secretary
Material from this website may not be copied or distributed, or republished, uploaded, posted, or transmitted in any way, without the prior written consent of the owners of said content. Please get in touch with Club Admin for further details.
Under new laws coming into effect in May 2018, we need to provide you with certain details concerning how your personal data will be used and protected.
Maidenhead and Bray Cricket Club takes the protection of the data we hold about you as a member seriously and are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect and how we comply with the law on data protection, what your rights are.
Names of data controller: Maidenhead and Bray Cricket Club
Categories of personal data we collect
- Name and date of birth
- Contact details
- Medical/specific requirements information
- Disability information
- Emergency contact details
- Sporting experience information
- Video/Photography agreement
- Participation agreement
Our sources of the personal data: We obtain personal data from
- The individual registering to join the club
- Club coaches and junior co-ordinator
- Medical practitioners
- Play-Cricket database
Automated decisions we may take: None
Purposes for which we process personal data: The club will process the personal data for
- Administering bookings and attendance at sessions
- Dealing with medical needs/specific requirements
- Supporting the delivery of cricket sessions
- For training and competition entry
- Reporting of participation and any incidents and of figures and trends (including equality and inclusion information)
- For quality and improvement monitoring
Who we will disclose your personal data to
- TVL & HCPL Leagues The ECB
- Coaches and other volunteers for administrating training sessions
- The County Cricket Board that supports the local Cricket Club whose programmes you have registered for
- Volunteers who work at cricket clubs/venues to support the delivery of sessions.
The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data is for:
administration and programme delivery:
that it is necessary to fulfil the contract that you are going to enter into or have entered into with us for dealing with medical needs: that you have given your explicit consent or in your vital interests.in all other cases: that it is necessary for our legitimate interests which are to build a programme to encourage participation in cricket and does not prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms.
Your right to withdraw consent
Where you have given your consent to any processing of personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. If you do, it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing for which we had consent prior to your withdrawing it.
Location of your personal data
- The Club will keep your personal data within the European Economic Area.
How long we will keep your personal data for
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is reasonable and necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. We shall retain your personal data for such time as you are registered with Maidenhead and Bray Cricket Club as a member. 2 years after you cease to be a member of Maidenhead and Bray Cricket Club or play an active part in the Club, we shall delete your data.
Your rights in respect of your personal data
You have the right of access to your personal data and, in some cases, to require us to restrict, erase or rectify it or to object to our processing it, and the right of data portability.
Our contact details
mail. Maidenhead and Bray Cricket Club,The Pavilion, the High Street, Bray, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 2AA
phone. 01628 622669
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we are handling your data please do not hesitate to
get in touch with the named person at the club. You can also contact the Information Commissioner Office.
This website uses the following cookies:
||Features for sharing via Twitter, and viewing tweets by other people.
||General purpose cookie
||Used within sessions ie login
||Collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Security and data retention
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Accessing and updating
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to Club Administrator