Just a few things before the start of the Season,
Maidenhead & Bray colts are pleased to announce that we have managed to secure the coaching services of Berkshire Cricket Coaching Ltd to oversee all the coaching at MBCC this season. These are the best coaches available and also train the County and District teams that represent Berkshire.
After last seasons amazing success, the Girl's section are looking to repeat and improve on their achievements. There are over 24 matches and tournaments already lined up, plus a couple of Ladies matches. We are looking to run a girls Open Evening late in April to give local girls the opportunity to come and experience the beautiful game of cricket, more on this soon.
Dates for your diary
- Friday 17th April - Cricket Club Annual General Meeting 7.30pm Clubhouse
- Friday 24th April – Colts Registration Evening
- Saturday 25th April - First Club Match v Boyne Hill
- Wednesday 29th April - Under 13's training sessions start
- Thursday 30th April - Under 15's training sessions start
- Friday 1st May April - Under 7's, Under 9's & Under 11's training starts
- Sunday 19th July – Club Colts Day at Bray
Fixture Handbook, Sponsors
At present we are compiling the 2015 Fixture Handbook and we are looking for more sponsors to place adverts so far we have..... for which we are very grateful for their support.
- F J lane & Son Ltd
- Omega Electrical Ltd
- Marlow Cars
- Berkshire Cricket Ltd
- Degrees of Comfort
- Claires Court Schools
- Exlers Garage
If their are any individuals or Companies out there looking to support the Cricket Club we would be more than happy to hear from you. Please contact
Mark Hayes or The Club Chairman John Hewitt
Winter Nets 2015
We are entering are last 2 sessions of winter training. The sessions have been well attended especially amongst some of the Colts age groups, it's looking good for the Summer.
Here are the last 2 dates, 11th April and 18th April. Specific age group times can be found
Dates and Times.
You don't have to play the game to get involved!
The Club committee is made up of volunteers, the Colts section is run by volunteers, these volunteers create free time so that the vast majority have a Club they can call "Our Club".
The Colts section have already shown the way, 20 boys and girls have enrolled on the E.C.B. Cricket Activator course which will enable them to help out with coaching, scoring and umpiring.
We are not asking for a massive comment, just an hour here and there.
Below are a few suggestions, some measured in minutes overs in a few hours.
What do we need? or better still what can I do for my Club?
- Colts :
- Training day registration
- Assist the professional Coach during the training sessions
- Match day scoring and ground set up
- Writing match reports
- Being the focal point for your child's age group for better communication with parents with it.
- Could you Manage a team or assist a Team Manager?
- Senior cricket:
- Membership Secretary
- Financial and intellectual help
- Sponsor a team, an age group or one of the Club's main sections, ( Colts, Girl Colts, Seniors, Ladies )
- Through your profession, could you be an asset to the Club?
If you can help in any way please you know where to find us.
Below you will find links to the latest articles published to the website covering the three main sections Seniors/Social, Colts boys and Colts girls, plus some of our Sponsors to date.
Links to recently added articles on the website
Here's to having the best Summer ever.
Maidenhead & Bray Cricket Club